Again, a release on the small side. Some new features – one example is that we now support hook templates per section/type, see #7349 – and some important bug fixes.
But the most important part of this release is that we have now finally cleaned up the terms used for the taxonomy page kinds. This has made the taxonomy feature in Hugo harder to understand than it needed to be. The old/new values for these are
taxonomy. We have taken great care to avoid site breakage. See #6911 for more information.
This release represents 21 contributions by 9 contributors to the main Hugo code base.bjorn.erik.pedersen leads the Hugo development with a significant amount of contributions, but also a big shoutout to helfper, moorereason, and onedrawingperday for their ongoing contributions. And a big thanks to @digitalcraftsman for his relentless work on keeping the themes site in pristine condition and to @davidsneighbour, @coliff and @kaushalmodi for all the great work on the documentation site.
Many have also been busy writing and fixing the documentation in hugoDocs, which has received 30 contributions by 14 contributors. A special thanks to christianoliff, bjorn.erik.pedersen, patrick, and hello for their work on the documentation site.
- Rename taxonomy kinds from taxonomy to term, taxonomyTerm to taxonomy #6911
- tpl/crypto: Add hmac
- Remove some old release notes
- Create robots.txt in the domain root directory #5160#4193
- Make GroupByParamDate work with string params #3983
- Add GroupByLastmod #7408
- Rename taxonomy kinds from taxonomy to term, taxonomyTerm to taxonomy #6911#7395
- Add genDocsHelper mage target
- Regenerate templates
- Beautify HTML generated by pagination template #7199
- Add a nested data dir test
- Use os.PathError in RootMappingFs.doLstat
- Remove credit (#7347)
- Allow hook template per section/type #7349
- Fix bad rounding in NumFmt #7116
Improve this page