Host on 21YunBox
21YunBox is a fully-managed cloud platform dedicated to make web deployment easy within the Chinese Great Firewall where you can host static sites, backend APIs, databases, cron jobs, and all your other apps in one place. It provides blazing fast Chinese CDN, continuous deployment, one-click HTTPS and other services like managed databases and backend web services, providing an avenue to launch web projects in China.
21YunBox includes the following features:
- Continuous, automatic builds & deploys from GitHub and Gitee
- Automatic SSL certificates through Let’s Encrypt
- Instant cache invalidation with a blazing fast, Chinese CDN
- Unlimited custom domains
- Automatic Brotli compression for faster sites
- Native HTTP/2 support
- Automatic HTTP → HTTPS redirects
- Custom URL redirects and rewrites
This guide assumes you already have a Hugo project to deploy. If you need a project, use the Quick Start to get started or fork 21YunBox’s Hugo Example before continuing.
You can set up a Hugo site on 21YunBox in two quick steps:
- Create a new web service on 21YunBox, and give 21YunBox permission to access your GitHub or Gitee repo.
- Use the following values during creation:
Field Value Environment
hugo --gc --minify(or your own build command)
./public(or your own output directory)
That’s it! Your site will be live on your 21YunBox URL (which looks like
yoursite.21yunbox.com) as soon as the build is done.
Now that 21YunBox is connected to your repo, it will automatically build and publish your site any time you push to GitHub.
Every deploy automatically and instantly invalidates the CDN cache, so your users can always access the latest content on your site.
Add your own domains to your site easily using 21YunBox’s custom domains guide.
Click here to contact with 21YunBox’ experts if you need help.